Thursday, March 17, 2011

A St. Patricks Day Treat

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I have a little treat to share!

White chocolate dipped rice krispie treats!

Start out with your regular ol' back of the cereal box recipe for Rice Krispie Treats.  Make that recipe but instead of putting the mixture in a baking dish, dump the mixture onto a sheet of wax paper.

Take small pieces of the mixture and roll it into balls about the size of ping pong balls.

Now here comes the best part...
 Dip them in Chocolate!  Just partly, well you can dip the whole thing if you wanna, but I just did a little bit.  If you would like to submerge the whole thing, insert a popsicle stick, and viola, chocolate covered rice krispie treat suckers.
Then, in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, add some green sugar to the white chocolate before it cools!  If I was to make it again, I would use either sprinkles or tint the white chocolate.  I don't think I am a big fan of the colored sugar...













And here they are!  Yum, yum!

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment