Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Sewing Studio

I found the exact desk I had been wanting from IKEA on Craigslist.  I was so excited, because the desk was only $80 on Craigslist and its $130 at IKEA, and the closest IKEA is 2.5 hours away.  This desk was only 11 miles from my house!

I think it turned out great!  It takes up the whole wall and gives me so much space to work on.

Here's another view of the side of the room.  You can see my fabric covered corkboard, and my 2 little IKEA shelves.  All the Q monograms are because my last name starts with a Q and they are pretty impossible to find.  Whenever I find one, I get it!

There is also a picture of my grandma, she's my sewing mentor.
Turning to the left you have my bookcase and cutting table.  The bookcase is from my childhood bedroom and the cutting table was a freebie from a co-worker!  Win-win!

Look under the desk, see that sweet little bed?  Dutch comes and keeps me company most of the time I'm in here.

The white chair you see at the end of the table was in the clearance section at Walmart last year.  It wasn't marked, but when I took it to the price check station to check the price, it was $3.00!  $3.00!  I had to have it.










 
Here's an up close of my bookcase.  This will hopefully change soon.  I am thinking of following this tutorial and put all my fabric in the bookshelf.  I think it would look so pretty all lined up on the shelf as little mini bolts.

I love having my ribbon in the big glass jars at the top and my buttons and zippers in glass mason jars.  I love to see my notions.

You also see I have a vast collection of books, I love sewing books.

On the top shelf is my W.I.P basket (Work In Progress).  That basket needs to be emptied...

And of course, my Cricut which I love!!!
This picture was taken as I was standing in the doorway.  My desk is to the right.

You can see my giant cutting mat on the table (green of course) and the pegboard Daddy made above it.  On the pegboard I hang all my quilt rulers and scissors.  Very convenient. 
In the corner sits the little $6 chair I recovered. I love the fabric and how well it goes with everything in the room.

I also hung a clock and small white board to keep notes on orders that I have to do and things I need to buy.

I love my Keep Calm print but I am still looking for a better frame...


That's my sewing space!  I hope you love it, I know I do!

I'm linked over at...


6 comments:

  1. Your room is so bright and cheerful! I bet it's fun getting all crafty in there! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors and that desk are perfect! We are hosting a Creative Spaces link up party at Scatter Girls right now, would love to have you link up your fantastic space! http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/07/creative-spaces-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room! And you and I had a couple of similar ideas...I guess great minds think alike :) Thanks so much for sharing! I found you on Scatter Girls..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful comments! I've linked this over at http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/07/creative-spaces-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found this and so glad I did. Yesterday I finished painting the walls in my new (and first) study/sewing room and imagine my surprise to find your sewing studio painted in the same color! It's very similar anyway as mine may be a touch more green. It's such a happy color!

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a happy color! I love being in my sewing room, it just makes me smile :) Thank you for your kind words and I hope that you will continue to read my blog

    ReplyDelete