Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Favorite 17

This week's Friday Favorite is the best Jerry, the best! (Little Seinfeld reference for you...)

It's Intersession Break!

I work at a year round elementary school and I love it!  Here's why I love my schedule so much!



  1. Every 9 weeks, I get 3 weeks off.  In the summer I still get 5 weeks
  2. I can take a vacation in September without missing work or dealing with summer heat & crowds.
  3. It gives me time to prepare myself for another quarter of lessons
  4. The children retain more information with a smaller summer
  5. Intersession breaks are refreshing for everyone, students and staff come back excited
Now, with that being said I will add that I understand why some people do not like year round.  I am in a special situation.  I have no children of my own and our year round school is very unique, we only have 1 track.  We are all out at the same time.  I can totally see why multiple tracks could be a headache.  But from where I am sitting (that's on my couch at 1:26pm on a Friday), year round school rocks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment