Saturday, March 5, 2011

Shamrock N Roll 5k

Something I used to love was running.  In high school I was a sprinter, and a pretty good one if I may say so myself :)  My favorite event was the 400 meter dash, and I vowed to never run anything longer than that.

Then I got older.  Funny they don't have sprint events for people my age.  Sad really, cause it is my first love when it come to sports.  So I decided a year ago to download an app for my phone called Couch to 5k.  It was awesome and I ran 2 5ks that summer.  Then the extreme cold came and running outside was terrible and I can't stand to run on a treadmill, so I stopped.  At that point I had downloaded an app that took you from a 5k to a 10k.

Well spring came rolling back around and I wanted to run again.  I knew that I needed to back peddle and start back with the 5k app.  So I started about mid way through the 9 week process, and I'm not at about week 7 on the training.  Its going great!

Today was the first 5k of the season.  The hubs, and some friends from work did the ShamRock N Roll 5k this morning.  I am really proud of myself.  I ran my best time yet, 30:22 according to the chip timing.  Woot Woot!  It is my goal to run my next race in under 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment