Thursday, January 20, 2011

Corkboard Redo

Here's a little tutorial to a corkboard redo I did!


Here's How I Did It!


1. Buy a regular corkboard from Walmart, Target, where ever. This was a large one from Walmart.


2. Gather materials needed to alter boring corkboard

3. Trim your fabric so that you have 1/2 inch more than the corkboard itself (not the frame, the fabric should on cover 1/2 the frame). Lay nice and flat. Lift half of it back and spray the corkboard with glue then press and smooth fabric out. Repeat for other half.


4. Take your paint scraper and press against the fabric, forcing it under the frame of the corkboard. This angled scraper worked much better than a flat one.

5. This is what it should look like when you pull the scraper back out. Continue to do this all around the board.

6. I didn't take a picture of the painting process, I was afraid to get paint on the ol' iPhone... but you get the idea, paint the frame. I had to rough up the frame because it is cheap laminated wood... if this is what you are working with, rub it with sandpaper. After 3 coats of paint it will be fine...


7. Step back and enjoy what 30 minutes and a little work will give you!

2 comments:

  1. hmm...I LOVE this. I'm thinking about doing it at work. It would add some color to the wall (since they are white and I don't have a window)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this on pinterest and made it today & turned out perfect! Just wanted to tell you thanks for the easy tutorial for this uncrafty mom!

    ReplyDelete