Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again...

So once upon a time I was running 5ks and even started training for a 10k.  And then something happened, I can't remember what, oh yes a HOT NC summer.  It was so hot when I would run, I couldn't breath, and I thought to myself... "Self, this is not the best idea..."  So I stopped for a little while.  Well then came a new school year, and I was super busy and I would run every now and then, but nothing like I was doing before (3+ miles every other day).  Then came winter time, and the time changed and it was dark too early.  So it kind of fell to the wayside...

Until today.  Today was the warmest day it has been in a long time.  I put on my brand new running pants, my trusty running shoes, my iPhone with a playlist of great tunes and took off.

I had downloaded the Nike+GPS app to my phone, and I must say I was very impressed with it!  But nothing beats the trusty Couch to 5k app.  I love that app.  I decided that is how I would start back, using that same app again and working up to the Bridge to 10k that comes next.  I didn't start all the way back at Week 1, I started today Week 3, Day 1 and was very happy with how I did.  I ran when I should have and could last the allotted time.  It felt great.  I realized when I was out there pounding the pavement that I missed it.  Here's to getting back into shape in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment