Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday Tip 2

Time for Tuesday's Tip!

This is one that I have just started doing and LOVE it!
I hate brown ground beef.  Hate it.  I feel like it is not real cooking, just a step I have to do before I can get to the real cooking.  So now I have started brown most all my ground beef at one time! :)

Let me give a great example.  In our house we love tacos, nachos, and mexican pizza.  Yum to all of those things!  So when I know I am going to make tacos I usually will go ahead and brown and season 3 pounds of ground beef.  1 pound for dinner that night, and the other 2 pounds go into labeled freezer bags.

So on a busy week I can put that bag of frozen seasoned meat in the fridge to defrost over night and BAM no browning meat the next day!  Just reheat and use!

2 comments:

  1. Ok . . . so this is one of those so simple WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT MYSELF kinds of tips. Seriously . . . I am not a fan of the browning of the meat either and I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete