Thursday, December 9, 2010

Salsa Chicken, You'll Save This One

I am that sure that you will love this recipe as much as I do, it is a staple in our house.  My husband gets stoked when he hears we are having this, but shhhh don't tell him it is this easy!

I cannot take any credit for this genius recipe.  You can find the original recipe at the blog According to Kelly.  But mine is slightly different, so see what you think:

Anyways, here it is:
You are going to need:
4-5 frozen chicken breasts (that's right frozen, no need to defrost)
1 large jar of chunky salsa (I use mild because I'm a wimp)
1 can of black bean, drained and rinised
Tortillas
Taco toppings of your choice

What to do with it.
Place frozen chicken breasts in your crockpot.  Add black beans and salsa.  Cook all day on low (like 8 hours).  Take forks and shred the meat, this is super easy to do since it is so tender!  Use as soft taco/burrito filling and make chicken soft tacos/burritos!


This makes enough that we always have lots of leftovers.  It is great as a topping for nachos and the meat in tortilla soup!  Hope you love this as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment