Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Tip 11

Remember the Whole Chicken I cooked in the crockpot?  I mentioned using the homemade broth.  Well in today's post I am going to show you how to preserve that broth.

I was going to freeze it in ice cube trays but I didn't have any ice cube trays.  Standing in my kitchen thinking what I could use, I had an "ah ha" moment... mini muffin pans.

Take your broth and pour it into something with a spout to make your life easier.









This is what it will look like when you are done pouring the broth.  I had enough to do 2 mini muffin pans, so 48 broth cups.








Overnight in the freezer gives you this!  Now to get them out I filled a roasting pan with warm water and dunked the bottom of the muffin pans in the water so they could be easily removed.
Pop them out and place them in a gallon ziplock bag.  Now when you need broth you can just take out however many broth bits you need.  I would say 4-5 make a cup of broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment