Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Funday

Today my sweet hubby, our puppy, and I went to the Flea Market.  I have blogged about the glorious finds at the flea market before, today was no exception.  As we were walking through I noticed this horrible, hideous chest/trunk contraption.  It was sea foam green (which is a color I love, but not this particular shade) and it had the worlds ugliest fabric on top.  But I saw something that could be beautiful.  I went over to it and lifted the lid, it was in great shape!  The man came by and my hubs asked the price, $30.  Serial?  No one in their right mind would pay $30 for that hunk of junk.  Told him we would think about it and left.

We continued walking around the flea market and the conversation went a little like this:

Me:  Do you know what I could do with that?  I could make it into something beautiful.
Hubs: I am going to offer him $15 dollars for it.
Me: Good good, insult the man and we can get it for $20.
Hubs:  Yes, that's about right.

So we went back to the man, and sure enough it was still there.  So hubs offers $15 for the trunk and the man grabs his chest.  Haha!  He said, "I'll let you have it for $20"  SOLD!

So here it is, in all its seafoamy glory in my garage.  Just wait until you see what I come up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment