Saturday, February 26, 2011

Girly Baby Shower

Helped with a baby shower today, I love hosting/helping with parties.  I was told today that I should hire myself out to do these kinda things, Oh what a dream come true that would be!!!  Here are a few pictures of the event.

First I will start with this cute little clothesline that I did.  I've seen a semi-similar idea online somewhere (sorry, I can't remember where) and I took it and ran with it.  I appliqued the onesies, one with a mermaid, and one with a T for Taylor.  I filled in the gaps with little sock, a bib, and little baby caps.  I think it turned out super cute and is in the vault for use at other showers.  Plus, it is a sweet gift for the mom to be at the end of the shower.  




Here is the gift table with all the presents!  I won't lie that the presents that are not it baby themed or colored gifts bags or wrapping paper bother the OCD part of me (which is most all of me).  This is where my grandma would smack me and say, a gift is a gift and you should be thankful for it.  She is right, as usual. :)  She also doesn't understand why I have a gift wrapping station, but that is for another day...
Going along with decorations that double as presents is the diaper wreath that I made.  I love this idea and this is the second diaper wreath I've made.  Basic idea is taking a wreath ring and wrapping it with diapers (totally usable when taken apart).  I then attached little pink baby items such as, socks, rattles, binkies, powder, lotion and a sweet little T for Taylor, the baby's name.  This is also the first bow I've ever made, so I am pretty proud of that.
Now for the food.  Yes, it was delicious and if it wasn't for my niece I wouldn't have gotten to try any (she made me a plate when things were running out)!  So anyways we served Chicken Salad with crackers, a cheeseball, a veggie tray, pickles *the mom-to-be's favorite*, nuts, cake squares, pimento cheese sandwiches, and my almost famous black bean salsa.  The day I was given that recipe was a glorious day!  You can see the diaper wreath above the table and my attempt to cover a switch box and pole.  I swear I would like to hurt the person who decided that the middle of the focus wall would be a great place to put that... Once again, that's the OCD in me shining through...  And finally we come to the punch.  This is the most wonderful slushy punch recipe that I found online and have tweaked to perfection!  I love doing that, finding recipes and adding/removing ingredients to make it your own.  I think people went back for fifths on the punch, the double batch we made left it a huge hurry!  I only got one little glass, thanks again to my niece!

All in all the shower was a huge success!


No comments:

Post a Comment