So Matt said this was a keeper, put it on the regular rotation... and I have to agree with him. So good! And, wait for it, its Weight Watchers! What?!
Recipes to Run On calls it Mexican Baked Penne, but I altered it a bit and I wanna call it Fantastic Fiesta Bake, so there, done. Fantastic Fiesta Bake
- 3/4 box whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound browned and drained ground beef
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 jars (at least 14 ounces each or more) salsa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups finely shredded mexican blend cheese
First preheat your oven to 350. Boil your pasta according to the box directions. If you need to brown your ground beef do so and drain. Set aside. Saute your onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil until fork tender. Add browned ground beef, cumin, and chili powder. Stir. Next, add salsa, pasta, black beans and corn. Mix until combined. Now spray a 9x13 with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 of the pasta mixture into the pan. Cover with one cup of shredded cheese. Now pour the rest of the pasta mixture in and top the whole thing with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!