Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Tip 29: Fabric Storage

This week's tip has been a long time coming but with summer break here, I finally accomplished it (mostly).

First off you need to get some of these...  I ordered mine at a deal on Amazon.  Gotta love their Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more!

Now, lay out your fabric, folded selvage edge to selvage edge.  At this time I measure the fabric.  This is a 1 yard cut.











Then fold it again, folded edge to the 2 selvage edges.













Now place one of your comic book boards on the fabric and fold a little of the fabric over the end.  Now fold over and over until you have folded the entire length of the fabric around your board.









When you have finished wrapping take a pin and secure the fabric.  Then add a little sticky note with the length of fabric.  I feel so organized already!





Here's a look at one completed shelf.
This is 57 mini bolts of fabric!  Each one has at least a 1/2 yard on it.  The most on one mini bolt is about 5 yards!

Sadly, I still have 3 more under the bed storage containers to go (plus some).
I might have too much fabric...

No comments:

Post a Comment