Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Place for Treasures

One of my most favorite places to go is the Flea Market on the weekends.  Its a great time for my husband and I to take the dog and have some quality time together as our little family.  I have been going to the flea market since I was a little girl, my daddy loves to hunt and find unusual things and I have picked up that love from him.  

Flea Markets, Thrift Stores, and Yard Sales are fantastic places to pick up items to re-purpose or just get some neat decor!  You can usually get an item for less than the person is asking, especially on a cold day like when we went!  I spotted this sweet Fiestaware water pitcher from across the aisle.  I gently picked it up, and asked how much?  The man said, "$15.00"  I turned it over and said, "Would you take $10?"  And he said, "Yes"!  Only $10.00.  Its real and in mint condition.  I have a very large collection of Fiestaware and lots of my favorite pieces were little gems I picked up second-hand.  Another handy place to find items to re-purpose or new to you items is www.craigslist.org  We have found many great deals on craigslist and saved lots of money.  It is my plan to post other entries of thrifting and junking adventures and finds and show you what you can do with some of these treasures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment