Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wowzers... Not for the weak stomached

This is my right hand pointer finger. It is hard to tell in this picture but that thread is inside my finger. I was sewing along and the machine caught my finger, went in and broke off. You can't see it in this picture but the very tip of the point is sticking out the other side. I quickly drove to the local urgent care, which said, "No way, go to the ER"



After waiting awhile I was given a few xrays. Here's the best one.


You can see the needle in the tip of my finger. You can't see it but it's still threaded and the thread comes out the other end. Insane.

So a TB shot was given and 3 painful injections of lidocane to numb my finger, thread trimmed even with my skin and my husband and I watched the doctor pull the needle out, still threaded.

Here it is...


For added gross factor, I was using white thread. It's red from blood.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment